Start date: Late August
Salary range - £25,500 to £27,000 pa
We are looking to recruit an experienced Administration Officer to join our small friendly office team. The position will be based at our Port Administration Offices, at East Quay, Newhaven Harbour. Due to the nature of the role, this is solely office based.
This is a full-time position of 37 hours, working from the office 5 days a week:
Monday to Thursday 9am – 5.15 pm and Friday 9 – 1pm. There is some flexibility with earlier or later start times.
A paid lunch break of 20 minutes is included Monday to Thursday.
This is a varied role with crossovers between general admin, HR, accounts (purchasing) and reception duties.
Your role and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain Excel records; sickness, annual leave, training etc
- Arrange Company medicals
- Coordinate staff training course bookings and accommodation
- General maintenance of HR records
- Maintain stationery, janitorial and refreshments supplies
- Ordering staff uniform and maintaining records
- Maintenance of vehicle register and insurance
- Meet and greet visitors
- Undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the role
- Place and generate purchase orders. Knowledge of Sage would be an advantage
- Some sourcing of suppliers and price negotiation
- Arranging authorisation of purchase invoices
- Maintain purchasing records
Key skills required:
- Ability to multi-task and manage a varied workload
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
- Ability to be proactive and to use initiative
- Fully competent in Microsoft Office packages, i.e. Outlook, Word, and Excel
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, training and development, a generous pension plan, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays and a range of employee benefits including free parking.
Please apply with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 19th August 2022