Are you shipping freight with DFDS from Newhaven?
We are pleased to advise that from the 13th of March a new Covid19 test centre will be open at Pease Pottage services.
Location: M23 Junction 11 Brighton Road, Pease Pottage, Crawley, West Sussex RH11 9YA.
Also, the following changes have been issued by the French Government with regards to haulier COVID 19 testing requirements.
- Hauliers who spend less than 48 hours in the UK will not require proof of a negative COVID test to cross the border (in either direction).
- Hauliers from the Republic of Ireland (ROI) using the UK land bridge can also now rely on a test taken in ROI, as long as it is administered within 72 hours of departure from a UK port.
- For UK hauliers or those spending more than 48 hours in the UK, the existing testing requirements remain in place.
The protocols for the measuring of the 48 hour period are as follows:
- The 48 hours is measured from the departure time indicated on your inbound ticket/boarding pass issued at check-in in France.
- Your inbound ticket/boarding card is the evidence that MUST be presented to the French Authorities at the Port of Departure.
- Please ensure that your drivers are fully aware of these requirements before arriving at the Port of Departure. Failure to provide evidence will result in the vehicle being refused to travel by the authorities.
For further information on the requirements of COVID 19 testing please follow the link
For updated information on test sites please follow the link