Port Health Authority Notice on Imports
Do you import or bring into the UK any of the following…
- Products of animal origin including;
- Fish and fishery products, whether raw or ready to eat, whether farmed or wild caught fish, ambient, chilled or frozen,
- Meat and meat products, whether raw or ready to eat, ambient, chilled or frozen,
- Any other product of animal origin including honey, feathers, hide, skins or animal by-product.
- Food or feed which is considered high-risk
- Any food or feed which is labelled or claimed to be organic.
There are rules on importing the above into GB. Please visit: www.food.gov.uk/business-guidance/importing-food-from-the-eu
Some products are subject to checks now, and others will be subject to checks from future dates.
Newhaven Port Health Authority is required to undertake these checks on such items and you must let us know in advance if you intend to bring in
or import into GB any of the above through Newhaven.
Find out how Newhaven Port Health Authority can help you to import safely and legally by contacting us at:
If you have not advised us in advance of such an import, and have them with you now, then you must declare them to a Customs Officer (UK Border Force)
immediately upon arrival at Newhaven and before you leave the Port security exit.