Rampion Windfarm Event
Rampion Offshore Wind Farm 'Meet the Buyer' Event, 26th February 2014, Brighton
E.ON will be hosting a Rampion Offshore Wind Farm 'Meet the Buyer' event at the Amex Stadium, Brighton on Wednesday 26th February 2014 from 10.00am. The aim of the event is to inform local businesses of the opportunities that may exist during the construction and operation of the project. Delegates attending the event will receive a form at the end of the day, which they can complete to assign their businesses to the relevant procurement packages so that E.ON's Tier 1 suppliers are made aware of local suppliers of products and services.
The event is free to attend with a conference style programme in the morning expected to include the following presentations:
* Rampion Offshore Wind Farm, Project Update - Chris Tomlinson, Rampion Development Manager, E.ON
* Rampion Supply Chain Steering Group - Background and objectives - Jonathan Williams, CEO, Marine South East
* Rampion Offshore Wind Farm construction including timescales, scope and details of the processes for local companies to become involved - Vaughan Weighill, Rampion Project Manager, E.ON
* The 'Contract Quilt'; an explanation of all the Tier 1 contract packages that make up the construction of the Rampion Offshore Wind Farm - Ian Baker, Onshore Electrical Package Manager and Naren Mistry Offshore Engineering Manager, E.ON
The event will break for a networking lunch where delegates will be able to meet other local businesses and key contacts and procurement staff from E.ON's Rampion Project Team.
The afternoon will comprise four breakout sessions which will look in more detail at the core packages, to allow local companies a greater understanding of where they could fit into the supply chain, specifically:
* Turbines - including a presentation from a wind turbine supplier
* Offshore balance of plan (foundations, cables etc)
* Onshore infrastructure (substation, trenches, cabling etc)
* Operations and maintenance (vessels, monitoring, maintenance etc)
These breakout sessions will look at the core packages in more detail, offering further information on the sub-packages that are required to deliver the core packages and where local companies might fit into the supply chain. The breakout sessions will be more interactive with plenty of time for Q&A
At the end of the day delegates will receive a form from E.ON, which should be completed by delegates to highlight the products and services their businesses can supply and the key packages they could contribute to. These will subsequently be passed on to relevant Tier 1 Contractors, once appointed, to seek to maximize local involvement in the project.
The event is suitable for all businesses located in East and West Sussex, Kent, Surrey and Hampshire who think they might be able to supply products and services to support the construction and/or operations and maintenance of the Rampion Offshore Wind Farm.
The event is especially suitable for civil engineering companies, general engineering companies and marine businesses.
Booking details for the event will be circulated shortly.
For more information please visit http://www.sussexwindenergy.org.uk/